Aim of this course
The CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety (Level 2) is designed or anyone working in a food business. Everyone who works in the food industry, whether in catering, manufacturing or retail, is responsible for safeguarding the health of anyone who consumes food that has been prepared, processed, stored or sold by their food business.
Food handlers have a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and to ensure that the food they serve or sell is safe to eat.
Upon completion of this course, you will have an understanding of the requirements for providing food that is safe for consumption and candidates will have covered a wide variety of topics under the main sessions of:
- Introduction to food safety
- Food safety hazards
- Good food safety practice
- Food safety management systems
This course is designed for all staff in an environment with food handling responsibilities including:
- Food handlers preparing or cooking food for consumers
- Anyone wishing to refresh previously learned skills and knowledge
- Businesses wishing offer staff development for food employees
- Self-employed food based small business owners
Delegates who successfully complete the short multiple choice assessment at the end of the course will receive a CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Safety. It is recommended that certificates are renewed every three years.