IPAF (International Powered Access Federation) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the safe and effective use of powered access worldwide. Push around vertical machines are mainly used for indoor tasks. These machines have no power so they must be pushed into position. This course is delivered in conjunction with an approved IPAF training provider.
Operators who are trained in the categories Static Vertical (1a), Mobile Vertical (3a) or Scissor Lift (old IPAF category SL) will also be able to use a Push Around Vertical (PAV) after being familiarised with the specific machine inspection of Push Around Vertical Personnel Lifts (PAV).
This courses’ aim is to instruct an Operator to prepare and safely operate various types of Push Around Vertical (PAV) Platforms and to obtain an IPAF MEWP Operator’s PAL Card.
By the end of the course, successfully delegates will:
- Be aware of the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Be aware of the need to wear Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Be aware of the need to refer to the machine Operating Manual.
- PAL card overview and pre-theory test
- Legislation, regulations and guidance
- Pre-use inspection/hand-over
- Safe operating methods & hazards
- Post -theory test
- Practical training (Genie AWP, Youngman X3 or Pop-Up Vertical Lifts)
- Practical assessment
Locations nationwide and/or client specific. For a group of delegates, we can arrange for the course to be delivered at your place.
Delegates who successfully complete the IPAF training course will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card for the 1b training category. This card is valid for 5 years.
To book a place on this course please contact us on 01642 680497 or fill in the below form. Tell us which location you would like from the list above and we can organise a date that will suit your needs.