IPAF Harness Use and Inspection helps delegates understand relevant Regulations, Guidance and Standards.Wearing a suitable safety harness as per IPAF’s Technical Guidance Note (TGN H1/08/12) that helps delegates from fall arrests while using the MEWP.
The IPAF Harness Use and Inspection course, delivered in conjunction with an approved IPAF training provider, is for MEWP operatives and their co-workers who work from boom type platforms (1b + 3b). This course equips delegates with the necessary protection against falls. It is essential that delegates equip themselves with the knowledge of safe use, fitting and personal pre-use inspection of a safety harness.
- Safety harness training covers
- How to choose and maintain harnesses
- Fitting and use a safety harness both when working and in the case of an emergency
- Legislation, Standards and Guidance
- Hierarchy of fall protection measures
- IPAF Harness Statement
- Harness Lanyard and Fittings
- Pre-Use Checks (includes practical exercise)
- Fitting and Adjusting (includes practical exercise)
- Usage and anchor points
- Storage and maintenance
- Hazards and precautions
- Rescue requirements and options
- Achievement Testing
We offer this course at the following locations:
Delegates who successfully complete the IPAF training course will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card for the Harness Use and Inspection training category. This card is valid for 5 years.
To book a place on this course please contact us on 01642 680497 or fill in the below form. Tell us which location you would like from the list above and we can organise a date that will suit your needs.