This course is aimed at contractors working on a petrol forecourt who are currently unable to access the official ‘SPA/UKPIA Petrol Retail Safety Passport’ courses.
This course is not a SPA/UKPIA replacement but has been recognised by selected Oil Companies/PFS Operators as an appropriate interim solution whilst Coronavirus restrictions are in place.
Working on a petrol forecourt can present many health and safety risks, from fuel delivery contracting to handling food. Health and safety is very important when operating within a petrol retail environment.
Due to the variety of risks that can occur around a petrol station, all staff must be aware of the implications that can happen in this environment. Under normal circumstances, the 2 day SPA (Safety Pass Alliance) / UKPIA course will educate forecourt contractors on all things ‘health and safety’ in and around the petrol retail industry.
However, under the current government restrictions imposed across the UK, we are unable to deliver the classroom-based training courses required by the SPA to award SPA/UKPIA Safety Passport courses but an increasing number of PFS Operators recognise our Virtual-Classroom course as an acceptable interim demonstration of training until the Coronavirus restrictions are relaxed.
This course has been designed to develop the skills of contractors working in the petrol retail environment. The course will provide an overview of the hazards encountered whilst working as a contractor on a petrol forecourt and will cover general health and safety knowledge. The second day of this course will introduce the specific hazards associated with petrol retail contract work. The course will cover the following:
Basic H&S Awareness:
- > Setting the scene – Accidents
- > Organising for Safety – Responsibilities, duties and risk assessment
- > Workplace Safety – General safety requirements, behavioural safety, fire safety, working at height, asbestos, confined spaces
- > Plant & Machinery – Hand held tools, electricity and power tools
- > Health – Hygiene, hazardous substances, occupational diseases, manual handling
- > Procedures – Safe systems of work, first aid requirements and occupational road accidents
- > The environment – Pollution and waste, employers and employees’ responsibilities
Petrol Retail Hazard Awareness:
- > Hazards on a petrol forecourt – Hazardous zones
- > Controlling work on a forecourt – procedures, task classification and required documentation
- > Safe working practices
- > Case studies
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at contractors working on a petrol forecourt who are currently unable to access the official ‘SPA/UKPIA Petrol Retail Safety Passport’ courses. This course is not a SPA/UKPIA replacement but has been recognised by selected Oil Companies/PFS Operators as an appropriate interim solution whilst Coronavirus restrictions are in place.
Are there any pre-requisites for joining this course?
Yes. Delegates must be able to access this course via the Zoom website or App. Delegates will need to have:
- > Computer, laptop or tablet with
- – high speed internet connection
- – microphone and speakers (or earphone/headphones with built-in mic)
- – webcam
- Please note: This training should not be accessed by smartphone.
- > A quiet place where they can study without distractions from other members of their household/workplace
How to book
To book onto this course, please either select the ‘Dates’ tab above and pick your preferred course date or contact us on:
Tel: 01642 680497