Aim of the course
Supervising a work site comes with many responsibilities; one of the main ones being responsible for the health and safety of the staff that work on the site. This not only includes the general care and well being of the staff, but it is also important to be on top of health and safety as a supervisor to comply with laws and legislations.
Due to the extensive risks that can stem from working within a work site and the legislations that companies must comply with, this course will enable the supervisor to safely oversee all on-site activities and ensure they fully understand their legal duties. This 2-day course is an ideal foundation for a supervisor to gain a basic understanding of their health and safety duties and responsibilities in construction work.
The SSSTS course will cover everything from health and safety, welfare, occupational health and environmental issues and how to deal with the problems that can occur as a supervisor. The course will provide the delegates with the understanding of the following elements:
- An introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for supervisors requiring an understanding of the legal responsibilities relevant to their work in safely managing a construction site.
- An understanding of the occupational health problems within the construction industry and what is expected of site supervisors.
- An understanding of how health and safety law is structured – Identifying how their supervisory role links in with the site manager’s role in controlling site safety
- How to carry out risk assessments and understanding the need for method statements
- A basic understanding of fire prevention & control, control of hazardous substances, construction design management regulations (CDM), working at height, personal protective equipment (PPE), manual handling, accidents and first aid.
- Carrying out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understanding and appreciating the need for proactive and reactive monitoring.
Who should take this course?
This course has been developed for any person whose responsibility it is to supervise workers, whether this be team leaders, first line managers or general supervisors, specifically within the petroleum industry.
To undertake this course, there is no preparation needed and all successful delegates will receive a ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate, The Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate has to be renewed every five years by attending the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher course.
To book onto this course, please either book below online or contact us on:
Tel: 01642 680497