Aim of the course
Managing a work site comes with many responsibilities; one of the main ones being responsible for the health and safety of the staff that work on the site. This not only includes the general care and well-being of the staff, but it is also important to be on top of health and safety as a manager to comply with up to date laws and legislations.
Due to the large amount of responsibility that is put on a site manager, it is important to take this 2-day refresher course to fully establish and understand the changes of health and safety in the workplace. By the end of the 2-day course, the managers will have a fresh, up to date knowledge on health and safety in general and legislations specific to their duties as a manager.
The SMSTS refresher course will cover everything from the latest in health and safety, welfare, occupational health and environmental issues and how to deal with the problems that can occur in a management position. The aim for this course is to assist delegates who already hold the SMSTS certificate to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
At the end of the training, delegates will be:
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Who should take this course?
Our CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) refresher course is designed for site managers, agents, and persons whose certificates need a renewal and have previously passed the full five-day (SMSTS) course and can provide proof of attendance.
To undertake this course, there is no preparation needed and all successful delegates will receive an up to date CITB SMSTS Certificate, which is valid for another 5 years.
To book onto this course, please either book below online or contact us on:
Tel: 01642 680497