Aim of this course
The Legionella Risk Assessment for Landlords course is designed to provide the delegates with practical guidance on basic legionella risk assessment of simple water systems in domestic and residential properties.
- Background, history, microbiology and legislation relating to legionella and legionnaires disease (Legionella Awareness)
- Information on how to comply with ACoP L8 and technical guidance HSG274 Part 2.
- Types of systems risk assessors, owners and managers may encounter.
- How to produce a basic legionella risk assessment for simple systems, and where a more complex risk assessment will be needed, this will include details on recommended control methods and actions needed to ensure control.
- Discussion on the alternatives of the management and re-letting of voids/empty properties.
- Discussion on the actions that are to be shared between landlord and tenant
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who is in training to become a water system operative or technician as well as landlords and lettings agents of domestic properties.
Upon successful completion, all delegates will receive a TTS Legionella Awareness Certificate.