Aim of this course
The BOHS accredited P903 course is designed to provide the delegates with a background and an overview of the risk of legionella infection and how it can be controlled in Evaporative Cooling and other high risk industrial type systems.
- Process and cooling water system technicians and operatives.
- Responsible persons for industrial type water systems (e.g. building and facilities managers, duty holders, maintenance staff).
- Legionella risk assessors and consultants.
- Occupational hygienists and health and safety managers.
Before taking P903, candidates must:
- Have successfully completed P901 – Legionella - Management and Control of Building Hot and Cold Water Services.
- Have some experience of working with industrial or evaporative cooling systems.
- Have a working knowledge of HSE guidance documents L8 and HSG274 (Pts 1-3)
- Legislation and Guidance
- Cooling Tower Design and Operation
- Risk Assessment
- Water Treatment
- Operational Control
- Other Risk Systems
- Record Keeping
Candidates must pass a BOHS Written Theory examination. Successful candidates will be awarded a BOHS P903 certificate